Practical know-how to inspire and motivate you and your colleagues to deliver more success for your business
The programmes cover:
- Strategic business planning
- Fundamental/transformational business change
- Financial management
- Business financing
- Negotiation of commercial contracts
- Successful acquisitions
- Successful disposals
- Customer service
- Product development and commercialisation
- Exporting and export finance
- Currency management and risk mitigation
- Intellectual property protection
- Successful leadership
- People management and development/ effective team working
- Persuasion and negotiating skills
- Presentational skills
The programmes are open to general audiences and can also be provided on a dedicated company basis.
These are delivered on a face to face basis by Stephen and trusted associates. The duration of the programmes depends on clients` requirements, typically they are half day or full day sessions.
The programmes are now being introduced in the form of blended learning solutions, taking advantage of technology capabilities in elearning. This offers the opportunity for learning to be done on an individual basis as well as in face to face sessions. This enables more cost-efficient and more effective learning.
Significant recent programmes and workshops have included the following:
- Institute of Directors for HIE, Leadership for Growth – Financial Management workshop
- Business Gateway HIE, Growth and Leadership – Business Success
- University of St Andrews Management School – Business Success and Entrepreneurship
Stephen is also delivering a series of workshops for the Institute of Directors in Scotland on the topic of “Raising Finance”. This has been designed to answer the question of how to find and secure business funding in the changing economic climate. It covers the conventional sources of equity finance, bank and asset lending, and soft funding schemes, together with more recent innovations in crowdfunding and peer lending.
Stephen has also provided mentoring and coaching to participants in the RSE Fellowship Scheme.
The programmes are derived from his business experiences and are driven by his passion to help others to succeed.
At the core is an understanding of human behaviour, what motivates us to do what we do. His learning was very much helped by participating in a series of Dale Carnegie programmes and an initial exposure to NLP.